You would think that this would be an easier task, as our week four #MotherhoodMonday topic is Motherhood Miracles. Here’s the thing, I think I might be having the most difficult time with this one. Seriously, what is wrong me? It should be SO easy to write about all the miraculous things that happen within us and all around us when we are mothers, but the reality is that so often it’s much easier to recognize our mistakes and all of the things that we should be doing differently then truly focusing on the miraculous blessing that it is to be a Mom.
As I’ve mentioned in prior posts I’m really working on being present and in the moment with myself, my husband, and my children. I decided that I would make a list of the miracles, big or small that I witnessed all around me today.
- I have three beautiful and amazing children…3 miracles.
- We have struggled with infertility, yet we have been blessed 3 times…HUGE miracle here.
- I took a major leap of faith this past year to work for myself and to allow our family to truly have more time together. Of course at the beginning there were some small financial struggles because of this decision, but every month they are becoming less and less and I know without a doubt that I made the right choice. Miracle!
- My kids put the laundry away today WITHOUT even being asked…now that’s a miracle if I ever saw one. 😉
- Everyone behaved during church and we didn’t even have to take the littlest one out once. Small miracle, but I’ll take it!
- It’s almost 1:00 in the morning as I’m trying to finish this post and I don’t think it’s too full of typos. Miracle!
- It’s February 1st and I survived the #NewYearNoSpend challenge…big fat MIRACLE! (the month in review coming later this week)
- Our oldest was out of town for the weekend and our little one year old was genuinely overjoyed to see her when she came home. He tried to climb on her lap, rested his head on her shoulder, and played with her hair. It was one of the sweetest most precious moments. Our miracle babies sure are awesome!
I’m quite sure there are plenty more that I missed, as even when you purposefully have your eyes fixed on the wonders and miracles all around you, there are those that slip right by. But instead of feeling guilty for that I’m choosing to embrace all eight of the ones listed above. Time to go kiss my 3 incredible miracles good night, and my dear sweet husband too as having the true love of your life laying in bed next to you for as many years as we’ve been married is a miracle as well!
Motherhood is full of miraculous moments. Make sure to check out what else these lovely ladies have to share:
Amber Joy: http://www.simplythewildside.net/#!blog/c7age